Friday, February 15, 2013

JUST NOT FEELIN AMERICAN IDOL ANYMORE…

 
 
What used to be a rather entertaining little competition show has, these days, degenerated into something that can more accurately described as being a freakshow. And, I think, it's safe to say that the show's ratings so far this season, tend to support that claim. And it looks like Thursday’s "American Idol" ratings were even worse than Wednesday’s. The show fell from a 4.3 to what was called an alarming 3.6. Even CBS’s comedy block beat "Idol" on Thursday. So it's now gotten to the point where those even shows requiring single digit IQs in order to watch them in their entirety, "Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a Half Men," were able to take the 8-9pm time slot and pretty handily so.
 
 
So while some may be asking what’s up with "American Idol, I thinks the answer is pretty obvious. But, it is still number 1 in its timeslot, and still a powerhouse, it's just a bit less so. But on Wednesday night, "Idol" scored its lowest Wednesday rating since 2002 according to tvbythenumbers.com. Here’s what they said: On FOX, American Idol scored a 4.3, down three tenths from last week’s 4.6 adults 18-49 rating and the series’ lowest adults 18-49 rating for a Wednesday since July 10,2002." I think part of the problem is that it's just getting old. That and people see the weird judges this year and that little dweeb, Seacrest, is well past wearing a little thin.
 
 
I haven't watched episode one this season and have no intention to. I wouldn't have watched at all last season but I kinda got sucked in by watching Phillip Phillps. And I actually found myself rooting for him all the way to the finale. But the judges this year are all of such a low caliber and from what I've read seem more interested in focusing attention on themselves that on the kids there to sing. In years past even if I wasn't all that interest in it, it did serve as being my backup when nothing else was on. But it doesn't even qualify as a backup anymore. I find it as being more worthwhile to just sit back and listen to my new Bose Wave Radio while reading a good book.


No comments:

Post a Comment