Saturday, December 22, 2012

OBAMA, TAKING NARCISSISM TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL…

 
 
If there is one thing that we have come to recognize about Barry "Almighty," it’s the fact that he’s never been the least bit shy about blowing his own horn. Barry recent took advantage of yet another impromptu occasion, this one the funeral for Hawaii senator Daniel Inouye, to talk about pretty much nothing but, himself. In a short, for Barry, 1,600 word speech, he used the word "my" 21 times, "me" 12 times, and "I" 30 times. Personally, I was never a very big fan of Inouye, to me he was just another liberal who saw more wrong with America than all that was right. And as such, I suppose there will be many who will miss him, but I most certainly will not. It’s because of politicians like him that our country is now struggling. But still, that doesn’t alter the fact that Barry wasn’t there to talk about himself.
 
 
Barry's speech discussed how it was that Inouye had first gotten him interested in politics. "Danny was elected to the U.S. Senate when I was two years old," Barry said. Speaking to the audience at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., Barry talked at length about his family and their vacations. "Now, even though my mother and grandparents took great pride that they had voted for him, I confess that I wasn't paying much attention to the United States Senate at the age of four or five or six. It wasn't until I was 11 years old that I recall even learning what a U.S. senator was, or it registering, at least. It was during my summer vacation with my family -- my first trip to what those of us in Hawaii call the Mainland," Barry said. So on and on it went, no doubt causing many to wonder why they were there.
 
 
Barry did take at least a few moments to mention what many describe as being the heroic life of Inouye. "And so we remember a man who inspired all of us with his courage, and moved us with his compassion, that inspired us with his integrity, and who taught so many of us -- including a young kid growing up in Hawaii –-- that America has a place for everyone," Barry concluded. Look, for all of those out there who seem to think Barry is such a prince of a guy, don’t you see it as being just a little unseemly to capitalize on a ceremony meant to honor an individual who has passed on, to do nothing more than to talk about yourself? I mean, how arrogant can one person be, to see it as being anywhere near appropriate to take every opportunity in front of nearly any crowd to talk about how great you think you are?


No comments:

Post a Comment