Tuesday, May 15, 2018

DICK MORRIS, NOVEMBER 2018, AND WHAT LIES AHEAD...


Ever since he guaranteed that Romney was going to win in a landslide back in 2012 it’s become a rather rare event for me to put much stock in any of Dick Morris’s political predictions.  So while I would like nothing better than for him to be right on the money regarding his most recent prediction of a ‘Red Wave’ come this November, I have a nagging little voice in the back of my head telling me that Republicans have effectively shot themselves in both feet because of their dislike for Trump.

Apparently Morris theory regarding the midterms stems from his thinking that the Democrats are repeating the same mistakes Republicans made by attacking ex-president ‘Slick Willy’ Clinton back in the late 1990s over Monica Lewinsky.  It was this past Sunday on New York AM 970 radio’s “The Cats Roundtable,” that Morris seemed to shoot down the idea that there will be a “blue wave” in the 2018 midterm elections, instead saying that it’s a “red wave” that’s on the way. 

Morris said he believes “Democrats are overplaying their hand” by going after President Trump for the Michael Cohen and Stormy Daniels scandals, instead of focusing on issues heading into the midterm elections, adding that it will show in the 2018 elections.  He said, “I think that [Democrats] see fool’s gold in these scandal.” And added, “They’re putting everything behind the Stormy Daniels scandal and Michael Cohen … and the country doesn’t give a damn.” 

Morris claims, “There is no blue wave coming. There is a red wave. And what makes it red is the blood of the Democratic Party.”  He pointed to the rise in President Trump's approval ratings saying, “Since the Stormy Daniels scandal started, Trump's approval rating has gone from 40 to 45.”  And he went on to say, “From the beginning of the year it has gone from 37 to 45.  And the advantage of the Democrats over the Republicans in the House elections has been cut more than in half.”

Like I said, there is nothing I would like better than for Morris to be proven right here.  But sadly I tend to think that it’s nothing more than a way to gain for himself few more radio and television invites.  Sometimes I wonder if there’s anyone out there who actually believes anything of what they say or if they’re ALL just telling us what they think we want to here until we lose this whole enchilada called America.  And I worry that should this ‘blue wave’ occur, it’ll be the final nail in our coffin.

So, while I’m not quite ready to throw in the towel, I am a very long way from having any sort of a warm and fuzzy that things will go in the direction that’s best for the country come this November.  I pray Morris will be proven right, but at the same time I’m not holding my breath.  Will the American people decide to send to Congress more of those willing to work with the president, or more of those seeking only to exact a bit of revenge by working to impeach him?  I guess we just wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment