Tuesday, January 6, 2015

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER SAYS THE “GROWN-UPS” NOW IN CHARGE…


I wish I could be optimistic about what it is that’s likely to happen over the course of the next two years with Congress now under the stewardship of the Republicans.  But to tell you the truth, I just ain’t feelin’ it.  Primarily because I don’t think they have the political courage to do what they all know MUST be done.  I’ve been disappointed far too often by this cadre of spineless eunuchs, so I’m keeping my expectations rather low until I see some evidence that an increase in optimism is actually warranted.

But apparently Charles Krauthammer has no qualms whatsoever about making it known that he is very optimistic and is of the opinion that the future looks quite promising.  With Republicans taking control of both chambers of Congress today, it was during an appearance on “The O’Reilly Factor” Monday that Charles went so far as to say that he cannot wait for the GOP to take the reigns and show that “the grown-ups are now in control.”  Well, the jury is still out regarding these supposed “grown-ups”.

Krauthammer also lambasted the Democrats in the minority, as well as to Barry “Almighty”, telling host Bill O’Reilly that their “days of hiding under Harry Reid’s desk are over.”  But still, while I respect Charles, I am more than just a bit fearful that he may be jumping the gun here.  Let’s face it, Republicans have a reputation, one rather well deserved I might add, for being rather wimpy.  I hope that they will come to behave like the “grown-ups” we all need them to be, but somehow I just don’t see it happening.

Charles also took the time to respond to Chuckie Schumer’s Sunday comments regarding the Keystone XL pipeline, in which he suggested adding language to any bill that all of the oil used in the pipeline should be used in America.  Krauthammer blasted Chuckie, calling his plans “so idiotic, it’s almost unworthy of talking about.”  Now on the topic of old Chuckie I could not agree with Charles more.  I mean how do you argue with his assessment of Schumer?  I mean, he hit the nail on the head. 

What Mr. Krauthammer actually said: ”It sounds like Schumer is saying that, for the first time in living memory, we’re going to have amendments introduced in the U.S. Senate, which is a remarkable constitutional achievement and it’s because Harry Reid is gone. The grown-ups are now in control of the Congress. This idea that we should be using American oil in America is so idiotic, it’s almost unworthy of talking about. So what we’re going to do is we’re going to use the Canadian oil and if we export it, which we will because we have a surplus, we’re going to substitute gallon by gallon American oil, it makes no sense at all.”

He went on to say, “Look, I think what’s really important here is that Republicans are going to have a chance to show how retroactively for the last six years everything has stopped in the Senate. Democrats stopped it, Harry Reid stopped it and they effectively acted as a shield to make Obama look as if he wasn’t the one stopping stuff. Well now he’s going to be exposed because he’s going to have to exercise the veto. Schumer and the others could prevent a few of the bills from landing on the president’s desk with these ridiculous amendments on Keystone, for example. But I think it will expose them. But the days of hiding under Harry Reid’s desk are over.”

To my way of thinking, Mr. Krauthammer, in making his comments, assumes that congressional Republicans will actually choose to go down the path that will have the result of putting Barry in the position of exposing himself for what he is.  Because, if we follow Mr. Krauthammer’s theory to what would be its natural conclusion, Republicans would force Barry to veto legislation that could prove to be very beneficial to many Americans on the economic front.  Personally, I think Charles gives the Republicans far too much credit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment