Thursday, January 22, 2015

THE BATTLE FOR 2016, STARTS NOW…


If my little cubicle here at my current place of employment can be considered as being a little slice of the country at large, well then my friends, I fear that the end of this once great nation may be much closer than any of us would like to think.  Because it would seem that a good many of those that I find myself surrounded with on a daily basis were, to put it mildly, quite pleased with they heard uttered by ‘their’ president on Tuesday night.  I say ‘their’ president because I refuse to recognize this anti-American douche bag as my president.  And while I generally keep my thoughts to myself, out of fear of being accused of creating a hostile work environment, I found it quite alarming at just how many of my coworkers appear to be not much smarter than your very average light bulb.

While I have long known that the majority of those with whom I work are, politically speaking, more than just a little to the left, I guess I really had no idea just how far out there many of them really are.  And these are people with kids to whom it seems to matter very little the extent of the damage that Barry has done, and continues to do, to this country.  I find that anyone, right, left or in the center, who can be so naïve regarding what’s taking place right under their nose, to be more than a little frightening.  I let it slip the other day when talking to one of them how it was that I wished I could ‘live’ where they do because not knowing, or caring, about how our country is being destroyed must be much easier on one than actually knowing and caring about what’s taking place.

And while I wish I could be more optimistic about what the future may hold, I simply cannot ignore that sense of impending doom I have that seems, from time to time, to be somewhat overwhelming.  And I fear that if we are truly foolish enough to nominate either Romney or Bush as our 2016 candidate, we should not then be all that surprised when the result turns out to be the same as it did in 1996, 2008 and again in 2012.  Because if we end up with a president Hitlery Clinton, or worse, who will take the baton from Barry “Almighty”, we will then have no one to blame but ourselves.  Romney and Bush support such things as ‘climate change’, Common Core and amnesty, all of which makes them essentially the same as their Democrat rivals and, as such, underserving of becoming our next president.

These are very perilous times, my friends, and we seem to have a great many in this country who fail, either by choice or through a dangerous level of ignorance, to recognize the perilousness of our present situation.  The truth is, if we wish to survive then we must do all that is necessary in our effort to maintain some level of control over our destiny.  We can ill afford to nominate someone who, as Ted Cruz so eloquently put it, is from the “mushy middle.”  Romney has made two attempts and I simply do not view him as being someone worthy of a third.  He has said, “I want to be president,” but running for president should be about far more than just wanting the job.  And Bush has made comments that should be causing us all to call into question his supposed conservative credentials.

In the coming months leading up the next election, which, trust me will be here sooner than most of us would probably like, there will likely be a lot said about how Republican candidate A causes more uneasiness among Democrats than Republican candidate B, or that Republican candidate C is the only true conservative in the race.  We must be wary of what we hear from the numerous talking heads and focus on forming our own opinions when it comes to who it is that we think would be the best candidate to vote for.  We must always question the motives of those who appear desperate in their efforts to steer us toward one candidate over another.  We must pay attention, stay informed and then vote accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment