Monday, June 16, 2014

AMERICANS AND THEIR TWISTED FIXATION WITH THE CLINTONS…


Call me naïve, delusional, or just downright silly, but I keep hoping that the American people will wake up from whatever trance it is that they’re in, look at what’s happing in America, and across the globe, and ask themselves, "What the Hell were we thinking?" But I think I’m now finally coming to the realization that that is just never going to happen. Because even after all that has now occurred over just the last 5 years, and with Barry’s approval now down to 40 percent, people seem to only want more of the same as they clamor for Hitlery Clinton to run as his successor.

And I suppose something that is quite revealing, and says a lot about where we now are as a country is the fact that I recently read somewhere that ex-president, ‘Slick Willie’ Clinton, crook, pervert and accused rapist, is Americans' most admired president over the past 25 years. At least so says a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg Survey of 1,031 registered voters earlier this month that revealed 42 percent of the respondents picked the ‘Slickmeister’. While I realize that over the 25 years the pickings have been kinda slim, I was still disappointed in the choice.

As far as I’m concerned, the selection of old "BJ" as the most admired president of the last 25 years says much more about the American people than it does of old ‘Slick’ himself. But then, I suppose, it shouldn’t come as that much of a surprise since Americans routinely select Hitlery Clinton as being their most admired woman. Personally I simply don’t understand this weird fixation that the American people seem to have with this corrupt couple. But it’s one of the reasons that I hold out little, if any, hope that my country will ever again be headed in the right direction.

That the American people could actually bring themselves to bestow upon two slimy characters such as the Clintons any level of admiration is actually pretty disgusting. After all, it’s been pretty well documented that neither of these two ethically challenged individuals cares about anything other than themselves. They’ve shown time and again that they will leave no lie untold in their quest to obtain for themselves more money and power. Far from being worthy of admiration they deserve nothing but contempt. Personally, I don’t see how anyone could consider such behavior as admirable.

And a brief word about this poll. I think one could argue the point that it was rigged to come up with the result that it did. I mean let's do the math. Bush, Sr. was in for 4 years, ‘Slick" was in for 8, W was in for 8 and has been blamed for everything that’s gone wrong since he left office . And then we have Barry. There's your 25 years. What kind of poll is that? Kennedy stared down Russia, sort of, Ford ended his career by pardoning Nixon to get the country moving past the scandal, and Reagan got the wall torn down. But they happen to be outside the 25 year zone. So what’s left?

No comments:

Post a Comment