Monday, June 30, 2014

JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT…


While I can honestly say that I did have this overwhelming sense of impending doom with the arrival of Barry "Almighty", I really didn’t think that we would, today, find ourselves in the spot that we are currently in. Frankly, I thought the American people, even those who were able to bring themselves to vote for him, would not have simply stood idly by and allowed things to progress to the point that they have. Because no matter where you look today, economically, socially, financially or even internationally, America has been made to deteriorate, and pretty rapidly so.

So to say that I am profoundly disappointed in many of my fellow Americans would, I suppose, be more than an understatement. But having said that, I’m also quite sure that most, if not all, of them really couldn’t care less when it comes to the fact that I’m disappointed in them. That, most assuredly, is the very least of their present-day concerns. What seems to now be of primary import to many people is that they now be able to go through life bearing as little responsibility for themselves as possible. Their personal wellbeing has now become the sole responsibility of others.

You see, many in this country, far too many if you ask me, have allowed themselves to be convinced by Barry that our way of life, economically as well as socially, is somehow inherently unfair, when really it’s just the opposite that’s so true. Barry says that people should focus less on what they have and more on what others have that they don’t. Barry preaches envy and jealously. But most of all what Barry preaches is hate. Barry has now convinced millions of us that it is better to rely on the government then on oneself. Because the government is simply much better equipped to guide us through our daily trials and tribulations.

And that so many Americans have actually allowed themselves to buy into what it is that Barry has been selling, and have proceeded to so willingly allow themselves to be so thoroughly manipulated by the man does not bode well for the country being able to survive for very much longer. We should be fighting the government’s determination to get more involved in our personal lives not welcoming it in with open arms. Because with that involvement comes the ability of those in government to dictate to us how it is that we live our lives. That seems like a pretty steep price to me.

I have heard it said by many who are much smarter than myself that America is now at a crossroads, or a tipping point. And I would tend to agree with that assessment. And sadly it’s a situation that is essentially of our own making. And the truly sad thing, at least for me, is that I see very little desire by most people to expend even the slightest amount of effort to get this country back onto what I would consider as being the right track. More and more people have absolutely no problem with becoming a parasite and in just sitting back and allowing the rest of us to take care of their needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment