Friday, December 12, 2014

BOEHNER DELIVERS ANOTHER KNIFE INTO THE BACK OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE…


With this past November’s election I think most would agree that what the American people provided to the Republican Party was a bona fide mandate. They made it very clear that they were more than just little displeased with the direction that Barry is taking this country, and they wanted a stop put to it. But how is it that the House Republicans have demonstrated that, yes, they heard the concerns of the people and intend to act on them? Apparently by choosing to fund everything that Barry wanted, and not until next February, but for all of next year.

And ya know, I chose to go to the polls last November, and to vote straight Republcian, because I was willing to give Boehner, in the House, and McConnell, in the Senate, a chance, even though I’ve lost count of the number of times that they have both disappointed me in the past. But I gotta tell ya, in seeing the video of Boehner being so proud of his ‘accomplishment’ of once again screwing over the American people, that was pretty much the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. And our majority leader, Kevin McCarthy, is no better.

But despite the growing displeasure, from myself and a growing number of others, with Boehner’s inability to actually lead, the general consensus is that come January he will once again be elected Speaker. And when that in fact does happen, then, my friends, those of us who still love our country are going to have to come up with our own plan of action regarding how it is that we are going to respond to what many of us will view as being a most egregious act of blatant betrayal. And we can ill afford to accept such an act lying down.

And as I mentioned earlier, it’s not only the House Republicans with whom I am less than thrilled. Because it’s over in the Senate that the Mitch McConnell we’re now hearing from ‘after’ the election, bears very little resemblance, if any, to the Mitch McConnell we all heard ‘before’ the election. But unfortunately we’re not in the position of being able to do much if anything about it, at least anything of substance, for another two years. And I can only assume that the thinking is that by then we will have all forgotten all about this blatant act of betrayal.

And if these Republican ‘leaders’ are actually foolish enough to think that we who call ourselves conservatives will soon forget what has been perpetrated against us, and so soon after the election the result of which was the handing over to them the complete control of Congress, then I’m here to tell you they are very sadly mistaken. All they had to do in order to prove that they were serious about stopping Barry’s anti-America agenda was to create a spending bill that covered things until next February, but they just could not bring themselves to do it.

So it is with somewhat of a heavy heart that I’ve now come to the realization that the only option we may have left is that, come 2016, by which time, admittedly, it may very well be too late, those of us who love this country must devise a way of engineering a purge, of sorts, of our pathetic excuse for Republican leadership. While I have never been one to advocate the staying home on Election Day, after this fiasco last night, I’m not sure how else we can make our point. And if the result is a Congress dominated by Democrats, so be it, after all, what’s the difference?

I’m just so tired of the endless stream of excuses that I keep hearing from those on our side who think of themselves as leaders. Making excuses is just not what ‘leaders’ do! They Lead! Just once I wish those on our side would play the game a little more like the way the Democrats do. I’d like to see them be a bit more cutthroat and a little less whiny. And I’d like to see them a little less worried about their careers and a little more concerned about whether or not this country is going to survive. But I fear that is little more than wishful thinking on my part.

These days I find myself stuck somewhere between being totally exasperated and being frustrated beyond belief. It seems that I can’t even count on those that I vote for. My representative, Ander Crenshaw voted for this recent ‘budget’ and my Republican Senator, Marco Rubio, was part of the ‘Gang of Eight’s’ immigration fiasco. I held my nose when last voting for Crenshaw, and have regretted doing so practically since the very moment that I did it. I thought maybe, just maybe, this time was going to be different. I apologize for being naïve.

Maintaining Boehner as Speaker will, in all likelihood, prove quite detrimental to our election chances come 2016, but that won’t prevent him from being re-elected. Let’s be honest, many of those who voted for Republicans this past November did so as a means of protesting against Barry, and his policies. They voted for GOP candidates because they were told the Republicans were going to work to rein in Barry. Now many are feeling they were simply lied to, and rightly so. So where is the incentive for them, or anyone else, to ever vote for Republicans again?

No comments:

Post a Comment