Friday, December 5, 2014

HOUSE MEMBERS CLAIM TO HAVE READ 1648 PAGE BILL…


Let me start by saying that I very much doubt that Sheila Jackson Lee, that Democrat genius from Texas, is incapable of reading anything written much beyond the third grade level. So when she stated yesterday morning that she was "still reading" the bipartisan $585 Billion, 1,648-page National Defense Authorization bill I wasn’t the least bit surprised. Because the way I figure it, this moron will be about half way through it come this time next year.

So it was then that the House Republican leadership posted the bill online at 10:32 pm Tuesday night and was set for a floor vote yesterday, when it would go on to be passed 300-119. Before the vote Jackson Lee said, "I have the bill in my office and I am not prepared to vote on a bill that I am still reading, and so I’ll be on the floor raising the point of putting this bill on the floor without the opportunity for a full discussion on the questions of war and peace."

Some enterprising young reporter asked the stellar representative from Texas, "So you’re planning to read all of it before you vote on it?" To wish Jackson Lee responded, "If I have that finished, I’ll make a determination whether the Republicans have adequately provided members a time on the floor to debate it and a time on the floor to know the complete contents of the bill." So can we assume she had it finished before the big vote yesterday?

So why is it that this piece of legislation had to be over 1,600-pages long anyway? Because while this bill is supposed to include thing related to defense appropriations it is also said to contain several, shall we say, non-defense provisions. For instance it also includes the creation of new national parks and the establishment of a commission to develop a plan for, get this, a National Museum of Women’s History. Women’s History? Really?

Look, don’t get me wrong, I’m not naïve enough to think that this moron, Jackson Lee, is the ‘only’ House member out there busy making noisy claims that they ‘knew’ what was in the entire bill, when we all know, for a fact, that not one of them did. It’s just easy to pick on Jackson Lee because she’s just so damn stupid. And while many of us were likely born at night, it wasn’t last night, so we’re more than able to see right through these idiotic claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment