Friday, September 13, 2019

WHEN IS A DEBATE LESS OF A DEBATE AND MORE OF A FREAK SHOW???

Let me start by saying that I have watched none of the Democrat debates thus far and intend to watch none in the future.  That said, my wife does tend to watch, chastising me for not because, she says, “You need to know what these people are saying!”  While my head agrees with her, because she makes sense, I just can’t bring myself to do it, because it’s typically in very short order that my blood pressure is through the roof.  All the promises to hand out free money, to promise ‘free’ healthcare to all, even those in this country illegally, and the threat to come into my home and to take my gun are simply too much for my 67 year old ticker to take.  You see, I have a very low tolerance for what these people are trying to sell, and how they are trying to sell it.

And from what I’ve been able to gather, the most recent debate, which took place last night, in pretty short order, devolved into little more than what I’ve heard described by a number of different sources as being little more than a food fight without a questions being asked on any of the truly important issues facing this country.  It was really nothing more than Trump Hate-fest.  If I was a Democrat, although not one out to see just how much free stuff I can get, but one who still does genuinely love my country, it’s by the sound of things that I would have simply changed the channel within the first 10 minutes of this thing getting started.  Now I realize there aren’t very many Democrats these days who still love their country, but there must be at least a few.

One of the more outrageous statements made during the evening came from ‘Bee-Tow’ O’Rourke.  It was when asked if he is ready to support confiscation.  And answered saying, “I am if it’s a weapon that was designed to kill people on a battlefield.”  He then elaborated on how certain bullets are meant to operate in military guns, but he never explained that an AR-15 is not a military weapon. It is a civilian, semiautomatic rifle that shoots one round each time the trigger is pulled. The military weapon, an M4, shoots semiautomatic or fully automatic and is designed to handle the heat and stress of being shot on a battlefield. An AR-15 is not.  He said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.”  Hell NO, Bee-Tow’, you’re not take ANY of my guns!

During MSNBC’s coverage of Thursday’s Democrat ‘debate,’ it was even MSNBC host Chris Matthews who described ‘Bee-Tow’ O’Rourke’s support for mandatory buybacks for certain guns as an “extreme” position and stated, “I don’t know where you get away with that.”  Matthews stated that the debate began with pushes for unity, “then I thought some of the strong ideologues, the people who have strong agendas like Warren and Bernie Sanders were very clear where they stand.  Certainly, Medicare for all, no more private insurance, absolute position on that. Bernie and her competed on paying off all the student loans.  Beto came along and said he’s going to not just buy back automatic — the semi-automatic assault rifles, but demand that they sell them back.”

Old Chris then went on to say, “I don’t know where you get away with that. I noticed that Kamala talked about an executive order. This would be an extraordinary ruling by the Supreme Court that would allow a president to use executive orders to demand the end of ownership by automatic weapons — by semi-automatic assault weapons. I just think these are three or four cases of extreme, ideological positions. But generally, I thought there was a pushback on that stage against the hard left. I heard a lot of calls for unity.”  Personally, at least from what I’ve heard, it was anytime there was a “call for unity” that it was pretty much shot down, and in short order.  Nor was there much pushback against those candidates who tend to be far more to the hard left. 

In just the few clips of this ‘debate’ that I was actually able to stomach watching, these supposed presidential wannabes sounded more like a bunch of spoiled high school kids all running to be class president.  There were lots of fantastic promises made which everyone already knows will likely be impossible to actually keep.  But that certainly doesn’t keep the promises from still being made.  It’s become nearly impossible to take any of these people seriously, and the thought that any one of them could ever actually succeed in becoming president is truly a frightening scenario.  And if these are actually the best people the Democrat Party could come up with to go against President Trump then I think it tells us much about the current state of the party. 

Democrats are pandering for votes. Are you black? We will give you reparations. Are you elderly? We will raise your Social Security $200 per month. Are you Hispanic? We will open the borders and let all your relatives come in.  Are you 20 something? We will pay off your school debt.  They are trying to buy votes from every group except white males because they have made it clear that every white male not registered as a Democrat is either a white supremacist or a member of the KKK.  Imagine if one of them said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”  I have no doubt that they would literally be booed off the stage.  And yet they have no qualms about telling us all that Kennedy was one of our greatest president’s of all time.

One last thing, if the 2016 election demonstrated anything it was that there is a total disconnect between the entrenched and career politicians, their cheering squad in the ‘fake news’ media and the voters.  And still neither have yet been able to accept the will of the 2016 voter.  Their hatred and disdain for both President Trump and his millions of supporters has caused them to become, quite frankly, nothing short of totally unhinged. And sadly, it’s today that our country no longer has a credible public ‘news’ media.  Also, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to view today’s Democrat Party as being anything other than some odd assortment of violent political anarchists who really do hate this country and who will do or say absolutely anything in their quest for power.

No comments:

Post a Comment