Friday, November 28, 2014

OBAMA, THE DANGEROUSLY ARROGANT NARCISSIST…


I can’t seem to recall, from any point in my lifetime, having ever met, or heard speak, anyone who is quite so in love with himself, as well as with the sound of his own voice, as is our current, and quite disastrous, president. And apparently he is of the opinion, the results of our recent election notwithstanding, that most Americans are also in love with both him and the sound of his voice. But, and I mean no disrespect here to the office to which he was ‘elected’, I’m here to tell you that there are a great many of us out here beyond the ‘beltway’ who are not quite as enamored with him, nor with the sound of his voice, as he seems to think we are.

What prompts this little declaration of mine is a recent speech Barry delivered in Chicago, just this past Tuesday, to explain his unilateral action on immigration. It was during this speech that, leaving aside passages in which he quoted a Chicago pub owner and a letter from a citizen from Georgia, our ‘Dear Beloved Leader’, Barry "Almighty" used the first person singular—including the pronouns "I" and "me" and the adjective "my"— a grand total of 91 times. And yet, as hard as it might be to believe, anyone who might be thinking that that must be some sort of a record, even for Barry, would be sadly mistaken, because it was really nowhere near.

Because as often as Barry used "I," "me" and "my" in his Chicago speech earlier this week, it was no match for the speech that he delivered in Austin, Texas, back on July 10 of this year. It was during that speech that Barry would use the first person singular 199 times. But in all fairness to Barry, in that Texas speech he did not focus specifically on immigration policy. In that speech, Barry explained his intention to act unilaterally wherever, and whenever, he could. And it was then that Barry said, "It is lonely, me just doing stuff." Then adding, "I don’t have to run for office again, so I can just let her rip." Let her rip? How presidential!

So it was then on this past Tuesday, in Chicago, that Barry was once again heard to say, "This isn’t amnesty, or legalization, or even a pathway to citizenship--because that's not something I can do." Also, in an attempt to be fair here, the number of times he resorted to the first person singular was significantly expanded by his decision to engage a group of hecklers there in the crowd. Hecklers who apparently did not believe Barry had gone far enough in his unilateral actions on immigration. Barry told the hecklers, "I understand", at according to the White House transcript and video posted by C-SPAN

In addressing those hecklers, Barry said, "Here, can I just say this?" And he went on to say, "All right, I've listened to you. I heard you. I heard you. I heard you. All right? Now, I've been respectful. I let you holler. So let me--all right? Nobody is removing you. I've heard you. But you’ve got to listen to me, too." Barry then proceeded to boast to the hecklers, saying, "But what you're not paying attention to is the fact that I just took action to change the law." Barry would later mention, "Some have said it was a mistake for me to act. But then others remind me why I had to." What does he mean when he says he had to?

Barry said, "The day I sign a comprehensive immigration bill into law, then the actions I take will no longer be necessary." And then of course he went on to declare, "But in the meantime, I'm going to do what I can to make this system work better." Actually, if his intent actually was to make the system work better, all he would really need to do would be to enforce the many laws that already on the books. But nope, he won’t do that! Because if he were to actually do that, well then he wouldn’t be able to run around telling anyone, and everyone, who will listen to him about how the system is so very badly broken.

Barry’s speech, according to the White House transcript, was approximately 4,200 words and lasted 33 minutes. That means that on average Barry "Almighty" used the first person singular every 46 words—or every 22 seconds. Barry and his cohorts enjoy taking every opportunity possible to compare him to President Abraham Lincoln. But it might be worth noting that Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address, the speech in which he presented his understanding of the moral significance of the Civil War, was only 696 words long. And in that speech, Lincoln used the first person singular, only once, a far cry from Barry’s need to always focus on himself.

Frankly I’m now in a place where, after the last six years of being made to listen to this guy, just the mere sound of his voice makes me physically ill. Whenever he appears on television, I find myself having to turn the channel or leave the room, otherwise I’m running to the bathroom. And I’m not quite sure it’s because of his smug, arrogant tone or his childish, rather incessant, need to constantly focus only on himself. He’s not nearly as smart as he seems to think he is, on that I think most of us will agree. And yet, Barry seems to think rather highly of himself, capable of convincing us that only he can provide solutions to our many problems, whether real or imagined.

But as Barry has demonstrated time and again, and since first entering the Oval Office, he has neither the ability nor the necessary skill set to actually solve any of the problems we are made to face, no matter how insignificant, or complex, those problems may be. What he truly seems to excel at is first the creating, and then the making worse, of all kinds of problems, many of which never existed before his appearance onto the political scene. And yet he endeavors to convince us all that absolutely nothing is his fault, and that the fault lies with others who stand by and refuse to act. He claims that all he’s seeking to do is to make things ‘better’. But it’s all a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment