Tuesday, November 11, 2014

KEEPIN’ MY FINGERS CROSSED…


So here we are now with the election finally behind us. And I wonder how many of you out there are, like me, hoping for the best, but at the same time fearing the worst. The truth is I simply could not stay home on Election Day, just as I couldn’t bring myself to vote for a Democrat. So I did the only thing that would allow me to get any sleep at night, I voted straight Republican. While doing so, I must admit, there was a little voice in my head warning me.

And then, I think, it was just yesterday that I was reading somewhere that Paul Ryan vowed that he had enough Republican support to get immigration reform done. And I couldn’t help but wonder what it was that he might have meant by "enough Republicans". Did he mean that there are now enough Republicans willing to stand with ALL of the Democrats so that amnesty could be pushed through Congress in much the same manner that Obamacare was?

Since the morning after the night before I’ve been hearing all manner of grandiose plans coming from those who will comprise our newly minted Senate majority as well as our expanded majority in the House. Some of which have been more than a bit disconcerting, and much of which I can’t help but wonder if it is nothing more than just a lot of talk. We will be required to keep a very close eye on those whom we just elected, they are not to be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment