Thursday, November 19, 2015

IF ONLY I COULD BE A DEMOCRAT…LIFE WOULD JUST BE SO MUCH EASIER…


Ya know, there are days that I wake up wishing I could go through life as a Democrat.  That I could be one of those people who really don’t give a shit about their country’s rich history and how it has made, at least up until Barry came along, the world a much better place simply by existing.  And there are even those days that I wake up and vow to watch nothing but MSNBC or CNN in an attempt to be as clueless as Democrats are about what’s going on in the world around me.  I wish I could listen to our president and accept without question every single thing he tells me.  I’m pretty sure I’d sleep much better at night.  And I wish I could look into the eyes of my daughter and say, “Sorry hon, you’re screwed.  You’re going to get stuck paying for everything.”  And I wish I could know what was coming and not be the least bit worried about the future my daughter will likely be made to endure as an adult.

But try as I might, being a Democrat simply isn’t in me.  Because if there’s one thing I learned growing up, it’s that life isn’t fair, not by a long shot.  Our lives are what we choose to make of them.  Oh sure, we all get a little help along the way, but we still need to choose to take advantage of the help provided, otherwise it’s not really help.  We are, after all, the product of the choices that we make as we travel through life.  Bad choices lead to bad outcomes, outcomes which are no one’s fault but our own.  And yet, there are those who somehow think that others should be made responsible for their inability to choose wisely.  Life is short, and I don’t care what they say, you only get to go around once, and you will reap only what you sow.  But some are never able to quite grasp that concept, instead feeding into the nonsense that it must always be someone else’s fault when one is unable to succeed in life.

And where self-reliance was once something that we took great pains to teach to our young, such a notion now seems to have long ago become obsolete, much to the detriment of our younger generation’s ability to thrive and to prosper.  And it is a direct result of that lack of instruction that today we now have far too many people far too dependent upon their government, and that is never a good thing.  And where we, the current generation, should be setting the example, more often than not we do little more than to provide credence to the notion that being dependent upon the government isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  We seem to be intent upon raising an entire generation of whiners and complainers instead of a generation of doers.  And how wonderful it must be, don’t you think, to go through life with all of your bad decisions always being someone else’s fault.  And to never be responsible for anything. 

But with all that being said, I must admit that it has become increasingly difficult, especially over the course of the last seven years, to simply kick our young out of the nest especially since the overall condition of the cold cruel world is essentially our fault. That being because of our rabid insistence to continually elect and then re-elect those politicians who have not the slightest interest in getting our country headed back into the right direction.  So, I will continue to lose sleep over what continues to be the worsening condition of our country, hoping that somewhere along the line more of my fellow countrymen will come to realize where it is we now seem to be headed.  But I fear that by the time that happens, if it ever happens, it may well be too late, if it isn’t too late already.  Barry still has nearly 17 months to wreak as much havoc as he possibly can, and I’m quite sure he will waste not a single second.

No comments:

Post a Comment