Friday, September 8, 2017

I CONTINUE TO TRUST PRESIDENT TRUMP…FOR NOW…


As the Trump presidency continues I’m beginning to get increasingly nervous when it comes to how much of what I was told during the presidential campaign may actually come to fruition.  And I can’t help but wonder if I believed much of what I was told simply because I wanted to believe it.  I have not yet gotten to the point where I regret my vote for Trump because when that thought does cross my mind all I have to do is to imagine how much worse things would now be if Hitlery had been the one to win the election and the thought quickly goes away.

And while I would like to think that this recent coziness with the Democrats, on the part of the president, might be his way of lighting a fire under the congressional Republicans, I suppose only time will tell us if that is in fact the case.  But in the meantime I must admit that it is causing me some level of concern.  Of course it doesn’t help matters when the supposed leaders of our party in Congress are men like Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan.  President Trump may now feel that he has no other option than to deal with the Democrats. 

We went into the 2016 election with many of us on the right viewing it as being our last opportunity to salvage what’s left of our country.  And we saw Donald Trump as being the right man at the right time.  Now here we are over seven months into his presidency and what exactly do we have to show for it?  Precious little, I’m afraid, thanks in part to our weak-kneed congressional Republicans, our dishonest, obstructionist Democrats, and a state-controlled media that has been absolutely rabid in its effort to undermine and de-legitimize our president.

And what also worries me to some degree is that come next year’s election there will likely be many folks who may decide, because of their frustration with our current batch of congressional Republicans, to exact some level of retribution by voting out the Republicans and replacing them with Democrats.  Now as far as I’m concerned such an act would be nothing short of suicidal.  My recommendation has always been that we force certain Republicans to face a primary contest, vote them out and then, in the general election, we elect their replacement.

I must add that I do have this growing fear that our country will likely never fully recover from the last eight years of having Obummer in the White House.  I think it safe to say that our country is now hanging by a thread, literally, and so we must now focus all of our attention on electing only those who we think are the most qualified to address the task at hand.  But the very LAST thing we should even consider doing is to elect more Democrats to any public office be it local, state or federal.  Because they have no interest whatsoever in ensuring our country survives.

So with all that being said I will, for now, continue to place my trust in President Trump, but I can’t guarantee that there will not come a day when I will no longer be able to do that.  And I continue to pray, every single day, that my trust has not been misplaced.  I have to believe that he loves this country as much as I do and will do all that he thinks is best in his effort to “Make America Great Again.”  Hopefully he will not be foolish enough to expect the Democrats to assist him in that endeavor.  Because they have absolutely no interest, whatsoever, in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment