Wednesday, December 4, 2013

SAY GOODBYE TO MARTIN BASHIR…


Well it would seem that we’re not going to have old Marty Bashir to kick around anymore. Bashir, one of the many turds who regularly appear on what has become recognized as being the ratings toilet of cable news, MSNBC, has now been, officially flushed. Some of you may have heard how it was, just over a couple of weeks ago, that Marty, here, delivered a rather harsh piece of commentary that culminated with his recommendation that someone should "s-h-i-t" in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s mouth.

Now while Marty did his best to calm the storm by offering what was referred to as an apology on his next broadcast, there remained a chorus of critics who continued to demand that some sort of action be taken against the foulmouthed host. So after what was reported as being a "vacation" for the host earlier this week, Marty announced on Wednesday afternoon, that he and MSNBC were officially parting ways. Not that he’ll be missed all that much. Now if we could only get rid of Schultz and Matthews. Oh well, I can dream.

Anyway, here’s the statement from Martin Bashir, via email:

"After making an on-air apology, I asked for permission to take some additional time out around the Thanksgiving holiday. Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the President of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments.

I deeply regret what was said, will endeavor to work hard at making constructive contributions in the future and will always have a deep appreciation for our viewers – who are the smartest, most compassionate and discerning of all television audiences. I would also wish to express deepest gratitude to my immediate colleagues, and our contributors, all of whom have given so much of themselves to our broadcast."

Actually, I’m sure the only thing this turd regrets is finally being held to account for the stupid shit that he said, no pun intended. And I’m sure he was more than a little surprised by the level of outrage that was directed his way. But let’s face it, Marty is just one in a crowd of many who all happen to think the very same way that he does. They feel they have the right to say anything they want about anyone who has the commonsense to disagree with their rather twisted view of the world. So, to Marty, I gladly say good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment