Tuesday, December 10, 2013

INSANITY CONTINUES TO SURROUND OBAMACARE…


Ok, so I suppose I really shouldn’t be the least bit surprised by any of the insanity that is currently underway and is now circling around all things having to do with Obamacare, even the mentioning of Nelson Mandela. Which brings to the recent appearance of Karen Bass, a black Democrat from California, on Al "Bull Horn" Sharpton’s, MSNBC show, "PoliticsNation" on Friday. It was right out of the gate that this moron proceeded to condemn as being shameful something that, I guess, former Sen. Rick Santorum had said, where he supposedly compared Nelson Mandela's fight against apartheid to the ongoing fight against Obamacare.

It was quite evident that Ms Bass was none to happy with his little comparison as she immediately launched into a broadside aimed at Mr. Santorum. This flaming nut job said, "And actually if I was going to make a comparison, I would make the opposite comparison, because I think the struggle for justice, which Nelson Mandela led for so many years is similar as the struggle for the health care as a right for people in the richest country in the world, and so the idea that they would make that comparison in the opposite way is just tragic." First of all, I think this boob needs to come to grips with the fact that Mandela was nowhere near to being the man she claims.

And, also, if Santorum is going to make such comparisons, he too, needs to be more honest when touting Mandela’s fictional persona which bears absolutely no resemblance to the kind of man he really was. He was a ruthless terrorist who never shied away from causing a little collateral damage. What Santorum said on Fox News’ "O’Reilly Factor", was, "Nelson Mandela stood up against a great injustice and was willing to pay a huge price for that, and that's the reason he's mourned today, because of that struggle that he performed, but you're right." Personally, I just can’t bring myself to describe that which Mandela was a part of, as being a struggle.

Santorum went on to say, "I mean what he was advocating for was not necessarily the right answer, but he was fighting against some great injustice, and I would make the argument that you know we have a great injustice going on in this country with an ever-increasing size of government that is taking over and controlling people's lives, and Obamacare is front and center in that." I guess Ms. Bass took exception to Mr. Santorum’s comments, because she said in the future, Republicans will look back on this time in history and be "embarrassed." Somehow I seriously doubt that. Those who should be embarrassed are the ones now paying tribute to a cold-blooded murderer.

The bottom line here is that I think there is plenty of stupidity to go around here. And it is my humble opinion that the mentioning of Mandela belongs nowhere near the discussion of Obamacare, on either side of the argument. It’s a comparison that just doesn’t work. While I can understand, sort of, what Mr. Santorum was trying to communicate, I think that there are much better ways that he could have made his point. And the argument put forth by Ms. Bass, is nothing more than the same old, tired Democrat nonsense that we hear as nauseam, where we have to hear how healthcare is somehow perceived as being a constitutional right. Sorry, but it’s not.

No comments:

Post a Comment