Saturday, August 9, 2014

I HAVE A DREAM…YES I DO…


After having now been made to endure five years of what can very easily be described as the worst presidency of my lifetime, if not the worst one in the history of this nation, I have to say that my frustration may be getting the better of me. I see my country being destroyed right before my eyes. And while it may sound silly to some, I’m now to the point where I say a little prayer every night, praying for the untimely demise of our blatantly corrupt president. Now I suppose there are some might accuse me of being un-American for doing such a thing, but frankly, I really couldn’t care less. And whether you believe it or not, it’s not personal, it’s just that I hate what he’s doing to MY country.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am not advocating that he be assassinated or anything like that, that’s the last thing I would ever do. Because, for one thing, that would accomplish nothing more than to turn this useless meat-sack into some sort of martyr whose face would likely end up be plastered all over the place where I’d constantly be forced to look at it. No, actually what I’m hoping for is that he quietly pass away in his sleep. But failing that, I must admit that I wouldn’t mind if, with the number of shoulder launched missiles now in the hands of many certifiable crazies, Barry were to, perhaps, stray into the flight path of one while on one of his many useless overseas jaunts. I dare say I wouldn’t be all that disappointed.

Now I realize the chances of such a thing actually occurring are probably pretty remote to say the least. But I can dream, and I do. And I pray. And if it were to actually happen I would among those advocating for there not to be any sort of a retaliation against those who fired the missile, because I think it could be argued that they did us a favor. And as such, it would be cause for celebration. I suppose it’s sad, in a weird sort of way, that I even find myself in such a position. But with there being little evidence that his fellow Democrats appear to be even the slightest bit interested in trying to prevent this president from wreaking further havoc upon this country, I see no other option than to hope my dream would come true.

Now I have to be honest in saying that if anyone had ever told me, even within the last few years, that I would ever find myself praying for such an event to take place, I might have actually been offended. After all, I consider myself to be a patriotic American, I love my country and was proud to spend 24 years of my life in the service of her military. And while I’m sure we all wish we could trust those whom we have elected as our leaders, especially our president, which we obviously no longer can. These days one has to be rather naïve, or more than a bit foolish, or black, to be able to do so. Because you should never find yourself wondering if the individual you are voting for will, if elected, be someone who seeks to destroy your country.

Because if anyone would have ever told me, even as recently as January 20, 2009 that the American people would come to elect, and then re-elect as their president, a man who would come to be so very determined in his efforts to destroy this country and all that it stands for, I simply would not have believed them. But as time has gone by it has become increasingly evident, and nearly with each passing day, that the man we now have sitting in the Oval Office has as being his primary objective the complete destruction of this country. And not just economically, financially, socially and morally, but internationally as well. And, I’m sad to say, he has been quite successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment