Friday, August 15, 2014

HOW DID WE COME TO LOSE OUR WAY???


I can’t help but wonder, as I listen to many of those by whom I am surrounded with on a daily basis, if there still remains any chance whatsoever of our actually being successful in ever being able to turn around the train wreck that this country has now become. Because I gotta tell you, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for this guy who once thought of himself as being a pretty optimistic fella, to think that that is something which is any longer even possible. I just don’t see that that many people are concerned about where it is that we seem to be headed.

And for some bizarre reason somewhere along the way, we the American people, in our infinite wisdom, decided that it would be some kind of a shit-hot idea if we were to take the one thing that was as close to perfection as anything ever conceived of by man, and to so screw it up that there may now be very little hope of ever being able to unscrew it. Now I suppose one could say that while it may not have been that final nail in the coffin, exactly, the election of Barack Hussein Obama has proven itself to be pretty close to it.

And now should we prove to remain determined in our effort to pursue she who would like nothing more than to finish that which Barry has begun, and to finally finish this country off, we will, in all likelihood, elect as our next president, if not someone like Hitlery Clinton, then most likely Hitlery Clinton herself. Personally I have to say that I simply do not understand the fascination people have with this congenital liar, but needless to say people do seem to be uncommonly infatuated with her.

And I must admit that it has been ever since Barry was first elected that I don’t get all that much sleep at night anymore. You see, I have a daughter, and someday she will have children, so I spend a great deal of time worrying about what this country is going to look like after I’m gone. Because it seems that with each passing day things become just a bit more unravelled than they were the day before. And those with whom I spend the majority of my time everyday either don’t seem to understand, or recognize, that fact, or they simply choose to ignore it all.

My impression of Barry is that he enjoys far more the title of president and all the trappings that go along with it, than the actual job itself. Though that’s not to say he doesn’t seem perfectly willing to use his position to advance the leftist cause. And I feel he views being president as merely a means to an end, with that end being the "fundamental transformation" of America. And after having watched him in action for the last 5 years, it would seem that he is interested in not much more than the complete destruction of the very country he was elected to lead.

So where am I going with this? Frankly, I’m not sure. I guess I’m hoping against hope that a majority of the American people will come to have an epiphany of a sort. That they will recognize just how far it is that we have managed to stray from the set of ideals, values and principles that were once viewed as being so uniquely American. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve always considered myself as being an optimist, but I worry that we might now have past the point of no return, no longer able, no matter how hard we try, to return to that which we once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment