Thursday, June 20, 2013

JUST A PERSONAL OBSERVATION...


You know, I hear liberals say all the time how it is that, regrettably, racism remains very much alive and well in the America of the 21st century. And while I agree with them, up to a point, I disagree with them entirely when it comes to whom that they claim is the source for most, if not all, of that racism. Regardless of what liberals, and most blacks, would have you believe, I see random acts of kindness, on a pretty regular basis, where whites are helping out blacks. Just the other day I saw a young white kid helping out an old black lady whose car wouldn't start. Without really even being asked, he retrieved some jumper cables from the trunk of his car, hooked them up and got her car started without so as much as even a thank you. Which brings me to my point here.

Sadly while racism is alive and well in America today, it has as its home, the black community, and to a lesser extent the Hispanic community. And it's ironic, I think, because we're always told how religious these two groups of people are and how conservative they are in their values, as if that is supposed to preclude them from ever displaying racist tendencies of any kind. But just because one goes to church, doesn't mean that one is religious. These folks will cuss you out and flip you off either on their way to, or on their home from, church. And I don’t believe Christ ever preached about the Christian virtue of getting as much as you can, with as little effort as possible, from your neighbor. I could be wrong but I don't ever remember hearing anything like that from my days of Sunday School.

Minorities, today, somehow feel that the rest of us owe them something. And that when we choose to disagree with their idiotic premise, we only do so because we're racist. But race has nothing whatsoever to do with why I refuse to accept their cockamamie notion that has me owing them something for no other reason than because I happen to be white and they aren't. I am a very firm believer in the idea that you will reap from this life a level of prosperity that is equal to the amount of energy that you expend in that direction. We are all products of the decisions that we have made up whatever stage of life we are presently at. If we've made bad decisions that is no one's fault but our own, and thus where we end up in life is where we were lead by the trail of decisions that we've left behind.

But most of those in the various minority communities don't accept that argument. They feel that regardless of their unwillingness to make good decisions, whatever problems they have had along the way, can in no way be seen as being their fault. Granted it may have been them that made the poor decisions, but they only did so because of some outside influences that were, somehow, made to act on them by whites. Minorities, and blacks in particular, are essentially their own worst enemy. They have this inferiority complex that is essentially the direct result of decades of being told by Democrats that they are somehow incapable of making it on their own without plenty of outside help. They've gotten to the point where they now believe that nonsense, and actually, they are quite content to believe it, because it usually gives them a leg up on the competition.

Hopefully there will come a day, although I doubt that I'll see it in my lifetime, when we will reach that time that Martin Luther King spoke of so eloquently, that time where ALL men will be judged on the content of their character and not the color of their skin. Wouldn't it be something if we stopped viewing ourselves as being adversaries and started thinking of ourselves as being nothing other than Americans? I mean we are all in this thing together, and if this ship sinks, which, at this point in time, it looks like it just might, then we're all going to go down with it. White, black or brown, it's not really going to matter. So I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that if we are to have any hope for surviving very far into the future, then we're ALL going to need to come together, roll up our sleeves and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment